- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
Linkevičius receives award for promoting Baltic states’ unity and cooperation
On 10 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius received an award for promoting the Baltic states’ unity and cooperation. The medal of the Baltic Assembly (BA) was awarded at a joint meeting of the Baltic Assembly and the Baltic Council of Ministers (BCM) in Tallinn.
In the meeting, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister presented priorities for Lithuania’s chairmanship of the Baltic Council of Ministers in 2018. “We will seek to promote cooperation among the Governments of the Baltic states in the areas of regional security, information and cyber security. Issues related to regional energy markets and a common position of the Baltic states on the EU’s Multi-annual Financial Framework of the European Union for 2021-2027 are also of great importance,” said Linkevičius.
As regards efforts to boost regional security, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister emphasized the importance of facilitating the movement of allied troops in the Baltic region and of a more effective management of the EU’s external borders. Linkevičius noted the need to develop a unified electricity and gas market, and reminded also about the importance of nuclear safety for the whole region.
Joint meetings of the BA Presidium and the Cooperation Council of the BCM are held once a year. During the meetings, both institutions make joint statements reflecting the priorities for the upcoming chairmanship of the Baltic cooperation.