- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Foreign Policy and Security Advisor to the German Chancellor Jan Hecker
- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Foreign Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with Japan’s former Administrative Vice-Minister of Defence Masanori Nishi
- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-10-24 On 24 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the conference “Pivot to Asia: Challenges and Opportunities”
- 2019-10-24 On 24 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius gives a welcome speech at the conference on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the municipalities of Lithuania, Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine
Lithuanian Foreign Ministry’s statement on "regional and local elections" held in Crimea and Sevastopol
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania does not recognize the holding of the illegal "regional and local elections" in the annexed Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol on 8 September or the results.
We strongly support Ukraine's sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity within internationally recognized borders. We condemn the ongoing illegal occupation and annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol by Russia, and consider the "elections" as yet another systematic violation of the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 68/262 on the territorial integrity of Ukraine, which was adopted on 27 March 2014.
Lithuania will continue to comprehensively and consistently implement the policy of non-recognition of the illegal occupation and annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol.
We once again call on Russia to end the illegal annexation of the Crimean Peninsula, to withdraw its military from Ukraine's territory, and to respect international law.