- 2020-09-24 Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a high-level diplomatic event to commemorate the Year of Sugihara 2020 in Kaunas
- 2020-09-24 Minister Linas Linkevičius delivers a welcome speech at the “Lublin Four” conference
- 2020-09-24 Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting
- 2020-09-24 Minister Linas Linkevičius holds a meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands Stef Blok in Vilnius
- 2020-09-25 Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a reburial for remains of former prisoners found in a mass grave in Macikai village concentration camp
Minister Linkevičius and the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State discussed bilateral cooperation
On 11 March Linas Linkevičius, Minister of Foreign Affairs, had a meeting with Philip Thomas Reeker, the United States of America Assistant Secretary of State, where they discussed relevant issues of transatlantic cooperation and regional security including partner efforts in countering disinformation and attempts to rewrite history.
“A strong transatlantic link, the unity of the Alliance, and partner solidarity are the fundamental priorities of our foreign policy. We thank the USA whose role and contribution are of particular significance in ensuring the security of the countries of our region. It is of utmost importance that we continue our transatlantic cooperation by maintaining a principled approach to Russia,” the Lithuanian Minister said.
The U.S. Assistant Secretary of State was interested in Lithuanian efforts to fight against fake news and foreign propaganda and said he valued Lithuania’s contribution into multinational missions and operations.
The U.S. Assistant Secretary of State participated in the Bucharest Nine (B9) meeting of ministers of foreign affairs on 10 March in Vilnius. He is also a guest at the 11 March festive events to mark the 30th anniversary of the Restoration of the Independence of Lithuania.