- 2018-11-19 On 18-19 November, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is taking part in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) meeting in Brussels
- 2018-11-19 On 19 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2018-11-19 On 19 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in a seminar on the delegation of police officers to the European Union, international institutions, operations, and missions
- 2018-11-19 On 19 November at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Minister-President of Flanders Geert Bourgeois are taking part in the official launch of a book "Little Lithuania: an aesthete`s map" by Prof. L. Donskis in the Dutch language
- 2018-11-19 On 19 November at 3:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending the Foreign Affairs Council (Defence) in Brussels
Minister of Foreign Affairs met with the Ambassador of the Order of Malta
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Linas Linkevičius, had a meeting with the new Ambassador of the Sovereign Order of Malta to Lithuania, Manfred Leo Mautner Markhof, on 4 July where bilateral relations between Lithuania and the Order of Malta and major support projects were discussed.
Foreign Minister Linkevičius thanked the Order of Malta Relief Organisation for humanitarian and social assistance in Lithuania. The Minister said, “The activities of the Order of Malta Relief Organisation in Lithuania are valued highly. The Order of Malta initiates and is engaged in social campaigns and fosters the principles of volunteer work and social responsibility.”
The meeting concluded that cooperation between the Order of Malta and Lithuania needed to be continued and that the framework Cooperation Agreement between the Republic of Lithuania and the Sovereign Order of Malta, signed in 2017 and enforced in 2018, accelerated further bilateral efforts.
Ambassador of the Order of Malta, Manfred Leo Mautner Markhof, presented credentials to the President of the Republic of Lithuania on 18 April 2018. Mr Ambassador resides in Vienna.